Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Melissa's images to be featured in the award winning M.I.L.K. book series


Back in 2001, I entered an international photo competition for a new book series to be the new "Family of Man" series of the 21st century called Moments of Intimacy, Laughter and Kinship (M.I.L.K.) . 150 images were chosen out of 250,000 entries sent in. It was an honor to get my work published, receive a substantial monetary prize, be part of such an historic book with some of the best photographers around the globe, and a real honor that the chief photo judge was the great Magnum photographer Elliot Erwitt.
The producers of  the series announced last fall a new competition called Fresh M.I.L.K.
and I just found out that 2 of my images will be included! The new book series, calendar and photo cards are set to release in bookstores fall of 2009. Thank you to my clients that let me peer into their lives and capture the quiet and humorous moments in their day. Thank you again to Elliot Erwitt, your images have always been a huge inspiration to me.